Slider

Dinner's Ready & Nobody's Home

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Remember this post?

I have another one to add. I love it when I make dinner for us, by the time Ty says he'll be home, only to wait around for him as I drool over the meal I just bent over backwards to make. (Exaggeration Alert: This really only took 30 minutes to make when I thought it would take an hour. Needless to say, I am still working on my timing.) 

Now I am left here to:
  • Stress over the croutons in the salad turning soggy - because I added the dressing too soon. I should have just waited to add it right before we sat down to eat. Patience is no virtue in this house. 
  • Worry that I can't find the perfect balance of keeping the chicken warm and cooking it until it cracks open like the turkey on Christmas Vacation. 
  • Watch as the artichokes turn brown in the steamer. 
  • Perhaps just eat without him. 
And just so you all know, I had to step away from the computer just now because something smelled as if it caught on fire. That something happened to be the artichokes in the pan with no water left.

Cheers!







 

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'd eat without him FOR SURE ;)

    2. We had artichokes tonight too.

    3. You can always call us and we'll eat Ty's share.

    4. You are a great wife.

    Love you friend.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan