Slider

Sweet Ali Girl

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ty and I had the pleasure of spending last night with Sweet Ali Girl. While we don't have our own babies yet, we had our first real taste of a "baby overnight" together and I have to say, we did pretty dang good. Poor Annie and Dui got extremely sick very quickly yesterday morning - not lucky for them, obviously. However, lucky for us, we got Ali all to ourselves for a few short hours before she crashed for the night - and we had the best time.

It was so much fun for Ty and I to see more of Ali's personality. She is starting to get a sense of humor, enamored by our pups, loves to put her chubby toes in her mouth, and has a grand old time rolling over (and over and over) as she plays with her simple little toys on the floor. Our dogs, Snoopy in particular, happen to be ob - sessed with her. Snoopy can be a little much, to put it lightly - but Ali is so extremely patient with him as he nuzzles her, smells her, kisses her, and whatever else he can get away with before I push him away. He couldn't get enough of her and she loved all of the attention. Maddie was the protective one. If I was on the couch feeding her a bottle, she was close by ensuring that she was able to eat in peace. Ben watched closely, and was definitely curious but kept a safe distance, only giving her a few smells and licks here and there.

I had to make a quick trip to Freddies to grab a few baby items for our evening together, so Ty stayed home with Ali. When I got home, they were playing together and it was pretty much the cutest thing I've seen in my life. She was in the best mood, talking and smiling. It was a great way to end the night, before we started the bedtime rituals. I knew we were on borrowed time when the clock stuck 6:30. I was actually surprised that the girl was still awake. Since she started going to school, Annie and Dui have been putting her down right about that time. As I fed her her bottle, Ty transformed our guest room into Ali's suite by maneuvering the pack n' play and setting up the baby monitor and sound machine. She was all set for bed so I channeled my inner Annie as I talked quietly to her as I got her ready for bed. (I saw Annie do the bed time routine a few weeks ago, so I did my best.) I was pretty proud of myself when she only woke up once for her binky!

All in all, it was a successful night and Ty and I felt honored to watch Ali for an overnight - and we can't wait until the next time.

:: Ty and I with Ali on New Year's Eve - she's a party animal, as you can tell! ::

Annie & Dui - Thank you for such a great opportunity to have a practice run together! We are so glad you are feeling better. You know you can count on us any time - we'd do anything for you. Love you both very much!

P.S. Ty picked this KOL song for this posting...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how BIG she's getting.

    I'm FOR SURE making an appearance at your house on Saturday night! :)

    xoxo

    P.S. You are such a wonderful friend to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Auntie Jordan, I'm soooo glad you could care for her as I was down for the count as well. I'm sure she loved her time with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best of best friends! Thank you so much for stepping up and helping us out! We couldn't have even begun to care for her this week. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan