Slider

28 days / 4 weeks / one month later...

Sunday, December 4, 2011


at 4 weeks, little love, your mama is changed. becoming your mom just 4 sunday's ago, has been the best thing to ever happen to me. you are the light of my life, the most amazing gift. sure, you cry sometimes but i love you anyway. you keep me up at night, but i love you more each day. every morning when i see your sweet face after even the shortest of sleep stretches, i am so much more in love than i was even hours before. this past week, you've started smiling and it absolutely melts my heart. most of the time you are looking right past me and smiling at who knows what - but i'll take it anyway. i'll take every smile, every cry, every look, every little sound you give me. to say that you are loved is probably the hugest understatement i'll ever make.

i was thinking the other day of the things i would have told myself prior to your arrival... things like:

enjoy eating using both hands
enjoy taking uninterupted naps
enjoy a body that belongs solely to you
enjoy not having a physical reaction to the sounds of baby cries
enjoy not being paranoid or concerned over something constantly
enjoy not doing laundry several times a day
enjoy driving and not worrying about what may take place in the back seat should you hit a red light

and most importantly...

get ready to feel a love like you never have before - a love so overwhelming and special, that only you will know it when you meet your baby.

today marks another of our many milestones. you've been in our lives for a short 4 weeks, but we really can't imagine our world any other way. as i write this, your dad is down stairs trying every trick in the book to get you to calm down. we call the next several hours "cranky time" in our house. you like to give us a run for our money in the evenings, but we are learning more each day. together, the three of us learn patience. you with us and us with you.

good night sweet boy - we love you.

to the moon and back.

3 comments:

  1. THat was so sweet! I know exactly what you mean.
    This post made me cry because I know how sincere you are about what you said. I hope you have more children, because you are a great mommy- Amylynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are savoring every moment of baby W's newborness! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one month, Wyatt! That W looks giant next to him! I can't wait to see him grow next to it! We did similar photos with our kids and it is so much fun to compare month to month.

    I can't wait to meet Wyatt next week and give him some cuddles!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan