Slider

Eat, Drink, and be Married

Friday, April 2, 2010

About a month ago I came to the realization that it's fun to drink beer with my husband... on Friday nights. Beer is somewhat new for me and it tastes different on Fridays - obviously. Ty loves cocktail time at our house, and I never really played with him until recently. Since this turn of events, I've gained a lovely 10 pounds that I could live without. With that said, the "more to love" version of me wouldn't take back all of the fun we've had together. I don't know what it is about drinking a beer with Ty. It's different than drinking other alcoholic beverages, like wine, together. A beer is so casual - a nice cold one (see? I am such a dude now!) sets the tone for a laid back, light-hearted conversation. I now totally get why guys often "go grab a beer" together. Granted, when they go out I am sure it never really is just one beer - with me, it most certainly is. A beer isn't threatening. It's not intimidating like wine. I mean , do you have red? or white? or a blend? one from Oregon? Washington? California? It doesn't come with a headache like champagne. It's not disappointing like most mixed drinks and cocktails. You know what you're going to get. It's straight forward. After a long week, the best thing that can kick start a fantastic weekend is a brooskie with your best friend. (In my case, I prefer Corona Light - with lime of course!)

Bottoms Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan