Slider

Live for Now

Tuesday, December 7, 2010



It's fun for me to see that even after being together for 4 years, I am still learning so much about my husband. And us.

I have realized something new about us. Ty lives for the now. He lives in the moment. I, on the other hand, live for the future. I look forward to things. I get excited about what's to come. We are great compliments to each other when it comes to this.

Sometimes.

Sometimes, this is hard. I expect Ty to get excited about the things ahead. He expects me to slow the heck down and enjoy the moment.

He's right.

I often forget to stop, and realize that what we have right now is great. This moment is fantastic - and we are so lucky. We are learning how to balance each other out here without hurting the other person's feelings. It's easy for us to take the other person's perspective personally when we shouldn't. It's never my intent to disregard the right now when I focus on the future. I know it's never his intent to come across as lackadaisical about the future when he's perfectly content with this very moment. This is what I love about him. I know these things. We are stronger because we are different.

Learning every day over here.

What about you?

4 comments:

  1. That's so true!! It's funny because it seems like after a while the roles start to reverse a little... Stefan has always been the laid back type (just like Ty) and I've always been the planner. After being together for what, 12 years, Stefan has started to pick up some of my characteristics and I've become a lot more laid back about things and "living in the moment" like you said. So weird.... but like you, I'm loving it and always learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the growth you do together.

    i'm working on accepting the fact that i can not control the future - and no matter how much energy (which turns into anxiety) i put into it - our destiny's and stories are already pre-determined. it's our job to enjoy it!

    easier said than done, for me ... but i'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa and I have the same dynamic. Except she is Ty! So funny. I've been trying to apply this life lesson for the last few years... gradually getting better at it.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan