Slider

New Traditions

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You know you're getting old mature when YOU are the one hosting Christmas. 


My younger cousin recently asked me if I was planning to come down to my aunt's house for Christmas this year and I told her that we were actually hosting at our place. This was her response in a nut shell: "wow you sound so old". I love it - when it means I get to stay parked at my place for three days straight and eat.

I am so excited to have our house full of people this year. We are hosting our very own "Christmas Palooza" Dec 23 through the 26th. When we first bought our house, this was something I was so looking forward to. I thought it was going to be more of a battle to convince folks to head up North, but circumstance and interest has proven otherwise. I'm looking forward to new traditions this year and couldn't be more thankful to have such amazing people to celebrate with and entertain this year.

I've got a few goals in mind. We're going to be casual, relaxed, and stuffed to our brims with good eats. Here's some of the treats I am most looking forward to / getting an extra layer of chub from this week. It will be a group effort, mostly prepared by myself, my mom and my MIL, Voni.
  • Hot Buttered Rums
  • Baked Ziti 
  • Oyster Stew
  • Crab
  • Pulled Pork Sliders
  • Cranberry / Apricot Brie
  • Pumpkin Cupcakes
  • Peanut Butter Pie
  • Egg & Sausage Bake
  • Mimosas
  • Honey Baked Ham
  • Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
  • Pumpkin Pie
Here's to new traditions and sweat pants this holiday season, from our home to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan