Slider

The Best Birthday Gift

Thursday, October 28, 2010


Thank you to everyone that has sent me the most wonderful birthday messages today! I have the most amazing people in my life. I am so blessed. 

I have to say though, the best part of the day so far is that my mom posted the most beautiful picture of her and I twenty-nine years ago today. This picture is so special to me because this is where it all started folks. The mother-daughter relationship can't be beat and I am so incredibly lucky. Not just because she "carried me in her womb for 9  months" (inside mother-daughter joke alert), or because she gave birth to me, but because our relationship is something I treasure everyday. She is the perfect mom for me. So much of who I am, is because of who she is. 

My biggest hope is that I will get to experience something as special as we have, 
with a daughter of my own someday. 

Here's to all the mothers out there that put everything they have into their kids because they know that someday, they won't be so little. Someday, they'll be adults. 

Someday, they'll be your friends.

I love you, Mama!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this picture. Please frame it. You have the most wonderful mama, and she has quite an amazing daughter. You both are so blessed. Happy birthday Jord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay eyeballs welling over...you are right Jordan, nothing beats a special mom-daughter connection...I won't have that with a daughter but I have a super duper one with my only child, my son...and I for sure had it with my Mom when she roamed this earth not too terribly long ago...treasure it, revere it, place it high on a pedestal, she is your bestie and your biggest supporter ever. This I know is true....you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this, Jord :) Can't wait for you to be a mom one day--- you're gonna be the best mama because you've had one hell of a teacher :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan