Slider

t minus 3 days

Monday, October 25, 2010

I am going to be 29 on Thursday. 2-9. Totally insignificant, right? Because next year's birthday is the one that really matters, right? No, not right. 2.9. 29. I am not 23 anymore. I am not 25 anymore. I feel like the last three birthdays were insignificant - with the exception of 28, my "Golden Birthday". Which in reality means nothing, it's just a fun thing to say. To be honest, the fact that last year was my "Golden Birthday" actually 100% distracted me from the fact that I was just one year closer to 30. I was so distracted in fact, I didn't realize that I had a piece of spinach in my teeth for most of it.




This year is different. I expected this birthday to mean nothing since next year's birthday is the one that really matters. Nope. For some reason, 29 is freaking me out. Annie just recently did a 30 before 30 List. I loved the idea, so I thought I'd do one too (then I saw that she has about 250 extra days to complete her list, so I already felt super behind and gave up). When I was 18, 30 seemed SO OLD, which would mean I am SO OLD because 29 rounded up is 30. I seriously feel like I went to sleep at 23 and woke up and here I am, about to be 29. All of a sudden, the last several years are a total blur and now I'm wishing I did a whole lot of things differently. For instance:
  • I wish I didn't go tanning every day of my junior and senior year of highschool. 
  • I wish I didn't put bacon gristle Hawaiian Tropic (SPF Negative1000) all over myself and lay out in the sun every summer between 1998-2006. 
  • I wish I would have started moisturizing at 7 years old. 
  • I wish I purchased eye cream at 8. 
  • I wish I didn't pluck my perfectly bushy eyebrows pencil thin when I was 19, because they've been trying to grow back ever since.
  • I wish I wouldn't have started shaving my legs at 10 years old because now my hair actually starts growing back before I even step out of the shower/bath tub. Perhaps I should have waited until it actually mattered. I am pretty sure John Otness didn't notice that in 5th grade. I'd hope not.
  • I wish I would have never waxed my upper lip because it's my own fault I will be participating in Movember next month.
There are definitely things I want to accomplish this year and there are definitely wishes to make when I blow out my 29 candles on Thursday. While I can't tell you my wishes, I can guarantee you this: I won't have spinach in my teeth in any of the pictures.

PS - Thanks to the folks that celebrated with me last year - for letting me "smile big" for the camera all night. I thought we were closer than that.

4 comments:

  1. Jordan your humor always gets me. I absolutely love reading your posts and this one is great. No matter how young or old You are, just remember what an amazing person you are. Here its been almost ten years since I've seen You but I know you are an amazing woman. Here's to being 29 and making it a good one. Chin up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a friend in my MID THIRTIES, I am highly offended by this post.

    YOU ARE A BABY!

    (just kidding by the way).

    you are young and beautiful and i love you so much! what a gift you have been in my life - i'll always be thankful for that.

    can't wait to celebrate you 59th with you.

    sorry if that just gave you a minor panic attack.

    love you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aghhh.... LOVE IT! especially the P.s. at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my favorite. That's all for today :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan